LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Part 20310 Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Capital Open Stud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Its been a while since I've been here, but I am still into LDraw!
For a new model I need this very new part:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=20310
It is only used (or going to be used) in http://brickset.com/sets/41098-1/Emma-s-Tourist-Kiosk which is brand new too.
Can someone make a mockup or create the part?
I can provide hi-res pictures if needed.

Thanks!

Jaco
Hi Jaco,

Here is a rough mock-up of what I see on that picture.
I got the part and it is really a challenge to get the spiral right...

Magnus' part is fine for the time being. The round part goes down 16 LDU from the top, it is actually a bit larger.

I am takign it up and refining it.
Great Magnus! That will do perfectly fine for now. Thanks so much.
And @Gerald: thanks for picking that up. I am anxious to see it.
It can probably be done with pathtruder rotation option (that's how I did the unicorn horn 89522)... but it's really tricky Wink
I made a new version, making the round thing 16ldu high.
Thanks Gerald for continuing.
Magnus, that looks very good!

Here's my version:
[attachment=1627]

Still gaps from using the disc primitives to generate the spiral. Missing edge lines, mirrored Part not BFC'ed, edge-lines missing etc...
I think of using the ring-prims to get a better representation of the spiral and the slanted faced within the spiral. The yellow part is from an experiment to reduce the number of faces.

PS: I do not understand why LDView gives me a slightly visible line where the two top faces join although they are modeled as T-junctions...
Looking good.

Gerald Wrote:PS: I do not understand why LDView gives me a slightly visible line where the two top faces join although they are modeled as T-junctions...

This isn't a T-junction problem. It is the top edge of the quad below the two top surfaces bleeding through.

4 7 0 0 7 -10 0 7 -10 0 -7 0 0 -7
4 7 0 0 7 0 0 -7 20 0 -10 20 0 10
4 7 0 24 -10 0 0 -7 0 0 7 0 24 10

[attachment=1629]

If a third surface joins the same common line between two tri/quads, it will always be visible in some angles in LDView.
Avoid it, if possible.
latest status in reply to Philo's upload to the PT.
Sorry Gerald, forgot you worked on this already, and progressed that far. Feel free to replace my version with yours!
Looks great all.
quick heads up, I am in the final stages for this part finally!