LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Sorry, you can't reply to this topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, is it really "easier" to post in the new forum? When we're not even allowed to post feedback to point out problems in updates announced. I think it really sucks a lot.

My first impression is that LUGnet was way more open and Democratic. Do I hate this message: "Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed." Or, if I or anyone had anything to announce, LUGnet was an open forum for everyone.

I wish I could close this thread so you can experience how it feels not to able to respond to a message.

Why???
Tore, I think you are a bit harsh here... Lugnet has a similar system in lugnet.announce, you can't reply there but only in follow-up threads. Now, I'm not sure it's really helpful to close topics...
I close one topic and you find it. Topic closing is the exception to the rule Tore. Believe me when I write that I don't plan on using this feature often or at all. As far as annoucment feedback, that should be posted here in this forum.
By starting a new thred, that is?
I'm not having a problem with not able to reply to announcements, but like I asked in the 'development section' topic....

Where I'm I supposed to post a non website announcement to which I do like to receive reply's ?

On lugnet this is e.g. cad if it had something to do with software, but we only got specific application sections here at the moment.
I've created 2 new forums:
- General Announcements - no replies
- All other programs - self explanatory.