LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Problem with ldglite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi to all,
I just compiled ldglite (v 1.2.4) on my Raspberry Pi, that worked.
When I start it from commandline, the log seems to be OK, but the content of the window that opened is not changed.
Left click iterates through the steps (I can see it in the log), but nothing happens on the screen.
Right click: the windows is completely blank, no menu or anything.
I compiled it on my desktop computer (ubuntu 14.10): the same result.

I remember that I had similar issues 10 years ago and it had something to do with framebuffer.
But I don't find any information in www nowadays.

Is anybody out there who can give me a hint to get a step further?
e.g.where can I find a doc for cmdline-options ?
EDIT:
I can use it in batch mode, it creates pictures from my example mpd-file.
So it's really just a screen output problem.
/EDIT

thank you very much in advance,
regards,
frank
To the best of my knowledge, Raspberry Pi only supports OpenGL ES, and ldglite only supports OpenGL. So, at runtime, it is presumably failing to create an OpenGL context. At a guess, batch mode uses OS-Mesa, a software-only offscreen-only OpenGL renderer, but this is just a guess.
Travis Cobbs Wrote:...Pi only supports OpenGL ES, and ldglite only supports OpenGL. So, at runtime, it is presumably failing to create an OpenGL context. ...

That was my first thought, too.
And the reason why I tested it on my desktop machine with "real" OpenGL - same result.

Perhaps it would be possible to run ldlite (the old version without "G"), but I don't find a source code for that.
On sourceforge unfortunately is no sourcecode to download....