LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Generate LDCad parts bin custom list.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi Trevor,
I like this tool a lot, problem is that the database that makes the link between Bricklink and LDraw part numbers is no longer updated by Mario (see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...try2402478), any idea how this could be done?
Hi Philo,

I imagine if you follow the url in the settings window (BrickUtills update URL) - you can download the last copy of the mapping input xml file. Then you can update and host it as you want.

In fact here's the url https://sourceforge.net/projects/brickut...s/updates/.

Pointing BrickUtils to your URL should allow you to automate the import.

Perhaps it could be good to find a source (BrickLink ?) that could provide a consistent part mapping data feed - then it would not be too much to process for BrickUtils needs.

Cheers.
Mmhhh... I slowly start to understand things but...
Editing the xml is tedious at best. I have the feeling that the "Part Mapping" tab of Brickutils should be able to define new mappings but despite many attempts I can't figure out how it's supposed to work - Mainly how to add a new entry ???
Ah, good question. I remember when I added this functionality, I wanted to respect Mario Pascucci's original intent to keep the system closed. To this end, you cannot add mappings from the UI; instead, upon BrickLink XML dump import the application will automatically transfer unmapped parts to the Part Mapping tab. At this time, you have to functionality to 'manually' create mappings and save them to the database.

So one way to add new mappings is to create and import a BL XML dump formatted XML file with the parts '<ITEM>' you want to add. The format is pretty simple. Here is an example:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<INVENTORY>
   <ITEM>
      <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE>         <!-- P=Regular Part             -->
      <ITEMID>2431</ITEMID>            <!-- Part Number                -->
      <QTY>2</QTY>                       <!-- Part Quantity              -->
      <COLOR>1</COLOR>                <!-- BrickLink Color Code       -->
      <EXTRA>N</EXTRA>                 <!-- Extra in set (Default=N)   -->
      <ALTERNATE>N</ALTERNATE>     <!-- Alternate Part (Default=N) -->
      <MATCHID>0</MATCHID>             <!-- Set Alternate (Default=0)  -->
      <COUNTERPART>N</COUNTERPART>  <!-- Part Assembly (Default=N)  -->
   </ITEM>
</INVENTORY>

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Not yet completely sure to know what I am doing, but I was able to define a few new mappings, so I should finally get it... Thanks Wink
On a related note, I'm trying to track down a number of parts that don't have an LDraw ID in the imported brick list I get in the modded version of BrickUtils. What is the smartest way of gong about finding those references?

I'm looking at the WeDo 9580-1 set inventory and I'm missing a couple of minifig parts (heads and torso)
I click on column "LDraw ID" header. The table gets sorted by LDraw id and the missing ones are on top.
I know which ones I am missing. I was hoping for some pointers on how to located the correct LDraw reference for those parts.
Sorry, misunderstood your need. I have no good solution for your problem, except (perhaps) enter portions of description in LDFind...
OK. So I'm not really missing any obvious better methods. Thanks for confirming. The parts that are missing are not really important, I just thought I'd ask in case I this comes up again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6