LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For the record, connectivity of pegholes of 11949 seem to be off by 2 ldu...
Thanks, fixed in the attached seed file.

Like always rename to .sf and place in the seeds folder while the program is closed.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:One of the things I really miss is some form of "mass selection", a "select everything behind the rectangle" tool would be a very good start...
This is pending, if time permits it will be in the 1.5 version.
Another idea, for what it is worth (dunno if it fits LDCad architecture): placing a large submodel in a large model can be tricky using parts snapping, so many possible connections... SR3D only tries to fit the currently selected part, drastically reducing the number of possible connections, speeding up things. This implies that the part used to hold submodel somehow becomes that key part.

(edit) Maybe it would be a good idea that moving the stiffness control in flex parts used the grid. This would ease realisation of symmetrical flex.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Another idea, for what it is worth (dunno if it fits LDCad architecture): placing a large submodel in a large model can be tricky using parts snapping, so many possible connections... SR3D only tries to fit the currently selected part, drastically reducing the number of possible connections, speeding up things. This implies that the part used to hold submodel somehow becomes that key part.
Yes this bothers me too, it's the reason you can disable snapping at anytime using shift+p. I do like the snap to selection only approach but I don't think I want it all the time. I'll see if I can set something up using ether options or some smart rules on when to use it.

The long term solution is also on my to do list which is excluding 'occupied' connections so things snap a whole lot more useful while using multiple parts / submodels and some of the larger parts.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:(edit) Maybe it would be a good idea that moving the stiffness control in flex parts used the grid. This would ease realisation of symmetrical flex.
I like this, I'll make it an option and/or I'll add an extra field to the grid settings.

Thanks for the input.
I think that LDCad should have a standard angular grid at 22.5° (the step of click hinges and Technic angle connectors). More annoying, I can't create a new one because I can't enter decimal angles (OK, 22° made a fairly good approximation Wink. What is the Freq parameter in grid stepping configuration?
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:I think that LDCad should have a standard angular grid at 22.5° (the step of click hinges and Technic angle connectors). More annoying, I can't create a new one because I can't enter decimal angles (OK, 22° made a fairly good approximation Wink.
At the time I was thinking fractions are only needed when using the dialog. But you are right fractions (or at least .5) should be useable, I'll put it on my todo list.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:What is the Freq parameter in grid stepping configuration?
It's used for the rendering of the grid lines / rotation disc segments. With move it governs the frequency of the the white lines vs the grey ones, with rotation it controls how many steps a segment on the disc represents.
Roland Melkert Wrote:With this version released I'm back to working on 1.5, which will probably take another couple of months to complete. But like always don't hesitate to report problems / feature requests.

What I'm really missing right now is a Minifig Generator.

w.
Well, with parts snapping and rotation along local part axes, it's nearly useless. Things useful to know:
- switch to part local axes: select part, then press 'o'. Switch back to world axes: press 'o' with nothing selected. Eg. to rotate arm/hand/accessory, select them all (with arm selected first), press 'o' then rotate everything. Similar to rotate hand+accessory.
- To use parts that don't have yet connectivity: use a similar part that already has connectivity defined, then select it and double click in parts bin on the right part to replace the place holder.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Well, with parts snapping and rotation along local part axes, it's nearly useless.

It's still more time consuming to stitch a figure together selecting parts from the library then selecting from a drop-down (where a small preview would not only show the entire figure, but also the selected part when I hover over the drop-down entries just to get additional information to the textual description).

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:press 'o' with nothing selected.

Since you talk about: I still find it tiresome to unselect via STRG+SHIFT+a. A single click somewhere on the empty workbench, (say where there are no parts) would be IMHO much more intuitive.

w.
Pages: 1 2 3 4