LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Hope this helps.
It does. The following bins suit my taste:
Code:
[options]
kind=basic
caption=Technic
description=Technic parts
mascot=4019.dat

<items>
sorted\technicAxles
sorted\technicBeams
sorted\technicBricks
sorted\technicPins
sorted\technicCons
sorted\technicGears
sorted\technicPanels
sorted\technicPlates
sorted\technicPneumatic
sorted\technicMotors
sorted\technicMindStorm
sorted\technicShocks
sorted\technicSteering
sorted\technicBionicle
sorted\technicMisc
Code:
[options]
kind=filter
caption=Pins
description=Technic pins
mascot=3673.dat
sortOn=description

<rules>
include category technic
exclude description ~*
exclude description _*
exclude description =*
exclude description brick,plate,beam,bionicle,rubber band holder,steering,blade,panel,gear
exclude !description Technic pin, Technic axle pin, Technic Bush
Code:
[options]
kind=filter
caption=Connectors
description=Technic connectors
mascot=6536.dat
sortOn=description

<rules>
include category technic
exclude description ~*
exclude description _*
exclude description =*
exclude description brick,plate,beam,bionicle,rubber band holder,steering,blade,panel,gear,Technic pin, Technic axle pin, Technic bush
exclude !description pin,connector,bush
Configuration files are fun aren't they Smile

I do like the idea of splitting the connectors and pin parts into separate bins, so I might add it to the 1.5 default bin.

But keep in mind these modified files might get overwritten during updates unless you setup a whole second (copy) part bin besides the 'default' folder one.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:It does. The following bins suit my taste:

Oh, I love that. Technic is about all I work with so that is awesome.
Roland Melkert Wrote:But keep in mind these modified files might get overwritten during updates unless you setup a whole second (copy) part bin besides the 'default' folder one.

I mess with the main.gui file and sort out any changes every update to keep my colors and now I'll add this to mix. No biggie though, a few minutes of tweaking to make it the way you like it is very worth it.
Hi all,

It just came to my attention there is a very severe bug in the new 1.4a version as a result of one of the earlier bugfixes.

As a result there is a very high chance on crashing the program while adding a submodel to a mpd if that model also holds one or more bendable parts (path content).

I will release a 1.4b later tonight or tomorrow as this bug disrupts core usage, in the mean time it's advised to do a ctrl+s before adding submodels and / or make sure the path content is never rendered again afterwards.

Alternatively you could also temporary use the old 1.4 version executable while keeping all the other 1.4a files.

Sorry for the inconvenience Wink
One drawback: part 55615 (Technic Pin Connector perpendicular etc...) is sorted with pins instead of connectors. I have not yet found a solution (except renaming part...)
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:One drawback: part 55615 (Technic Pin Connector perpendicular etc...) is sorted with pins instead of connectors. I have not yet found a solution (except renaming part...)

You could use

Code:
keep partName 55615.dat
in the connectors group, add it before the rule which otherwise would cause the removal (after the =* excl).

And if you don't want it in the pins group use
Code:
exclude partName 55615.dat
as the last line in that one.

I didn't describe the 'keep' rule as it's a bit messy for the exact same reason you ran into. In short the rule assigns exclude immunity to any items it matches in the current result set.

There's also the 'static' rule, which is even more messy it will add anything to the current set and also assigns it immunity to any following rules. I don't recommend using ether rule unless absolutely necessary Smile
Perfect!
Quote:But like always don't hesitate to report problems / feature requests.
One of the things I really miss is some form of "mass selection", a "select everything behind the rectangle" tool would be a very good start...
+1 to that, I just wished that today while I was messing about with a model. For some reason I was thinking I could so I tried and ended up flipping my model upside-down lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4