LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Forum Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone with better icon making skill than me make icons for the following:

Website Admin
Parts Author
Parts Author/Reviewer
Parts Library Admin
Steering Committee Member
Standards Committee Member
LDraw.org Member
JJMA awardee

If you can think of any other icons/badges appropriate for the forums make those too. Not sure how big we should make them 16x16? 32x32?
For whoever makes them (I'd love to but don't have the time right now) I reckon they should be 32x32 to accomodate modern screens.
Hello!

This is my first post in the LDraw forums, in spite of being registered since 2012. I've got some experience in designing forum icons. I've done the ones from my LUG's forum. You can check them out in here.

If you want, I'm willing to try my hands at the requested icons.
Sure. We'll accept any effort you want to make. Thanks for volunteering.
There are several icon sets available under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License that can be used. I've added a small test with two different icons for the JJMA awardee:

[Image: 16039493064_6a3abcf364_o_d.png]

The problem I foresee is with the other icons: Steering Committee Member and Standards Committee Member; Parts Author,
Parts Author/Reviewer and Parts Library Admin. The two groups should have a similar look but with very distinctive differences. And in such a small workarea (16x16) we should probably go with the color to make the differences. Any suggestions? Perhaps a different colored brick?
The PT groups can be a green brick with some sort of distinctive lettering maybe. SteerCo and Standards Board a red brick with some sort of distinctive difference. Regular Ldraw.org members just a plain red brick.
I think the JJMA icon should be a trophy or medal over a red brick. Thoughts? Also, we have small brick icons that we use for site favicons if this will help.
We have a very small work footprint to be able to draw a composite image of a brick AND a medal. Only 16x16. The object that stays in the back (the brick, probably) wouldn't be perceptive.

I've found the icons used in the forum. They are called Silk Icons and can be found here.

Meanwhile I tried to have some bricks as suggested and added another icon for the JJMA. Please let me know what you think.

[Image: 16518247528_a4cdece1f6_o_d.png]
Ok. The bricks are good. I like the trophy for JJMA. I think maybe a better solution is in order for the PT titles. My goal is to get rid of the text and replace them with the icons.
I'm guessing the alt text for the images will be the current titles?
Yah. Unless someone has a better idea for reducing the title clutter