LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Technic 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: 42040.png]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing Stickers
Done with LDCad 1.5 Alpha 4.
[Image: 42042.png]
Done with LDCad 1.5 Beta 1.
Added to AIOI. Thanks for sharing.

w.
MPD file updated to correct the swapped colors of the turntable...
[Image: 42042b.png]
Done with LDCad 1.5 Beta 1.
Wow. I see now why you were having some angle troubles - it hadn't been clear to me from the box photo exactly what was going on up on the top support.

What a great set. If I was 10 years old again this would be on my wishlist - and a great way to stock up on blue beams.

Out of curiosity, I notice on these 2 models sometimes you go to the effort of ensuring gear phasing doesn't lead to clashing gears and other times you don't, like drivegear1&2. Any particular reason for that?
Agreed, both models are great... As for gear phasing or not, let's say it's natural lazzyness... Even if LDCad nested mode makes it relatively easy, selecting everything that belong to one axle remains tedious. I _should_ make multilevel groups from them, then it would be easier.
Then there are deformable structures depending on gearing, here you have to recalculate quite a lot of angles... SR3D limited mechanical simulator was great for that - when it worked Wink
And finally, bevel gear meshing is generally difficult to eyeball...
Yeah, understood. I've done some POV-Ray animation of non-simple gearing before so I tend to naturally build now with each separately rotatable entity encompassed within its own independent subpart, hence making it easier to fix gear phasing and produce animations.
[Image: 42043.png]
Done with LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b.
[Image: 42043b.png]
Done with LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b.

This concludes 2015 Technic models... just in time, 2016 models are just becoming available!

Bonus image:
[Image: 42043a_b.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5