LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Technic 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
That does not solve the problem in MPDCenter. MPDCenter needs to know which line belongs to the body and which line to the header. So it needs to be stated anywhere.
Quote:MPDCenter needs to know which line belongs to the body and which line to the header

In that case it's even more fun as "0 !LDCAD GROUP_NXT" is only part of the header if it's followed by an "0 !LDCAD GROUP_DEF" or "0 !LDCAD GROUP_OBJ" Smile

All the others are ether in or out, I can send you a list if you want, just let me know by email.
Changing 0 !LDCAD line to say 0 // !LDCAD (like Philo said) means that MPDCenter is looking at 0 !LDCAD and deciding that it is a malformed comment, and then changing to be a "proper" comment. I would argue strongly that such behavior is pretty much always wrong. Now, header-recognition may indeed require more finesse, but "auto-correcting" valid meta-commands that use the 0 ! syntax to instead be comments doesn't seem like it should ever be desired behavior.

I don't personally use MPDCenter, so it could well be that I'm misunderstanding what's going on. All I'm going by is Philo's statement that his file was messed up by MPDCenter when a !LDCAD meta-command was corrupted by being turned into a comment.
Your arguments are strong. I try to update MPDCenter this way. Thanks for your comment.
I understand your point of view, but MPDCenter can not handle any custom meta command completely correct.
MPDCenter just needs this information for header/body to show the mostly correct data if you change the header data. Otherwise this information is not used in MPDCenter. But I need to stop to treat 0 !xx lines as malformed comments.
[Image: 42039.png]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing Stickers
Done with LDCad 1.4.
...I like many features of LDCad, but probably the one I prefer is its management of flex parts!
Very nice.

Side question, do you think the file size is to big? Some people indicated things like the flexible axle and springs might be a bit 'bloated'.

Maybe I should add a LQ version (more LSynth like, like the ribbed hose)
With modern bandwidth/HD size, a 2or 3 Mb is still rather small. I used LQ version of ribbed hose because I didn't notice a significant quality degradation compared to the HQ one. On the smooth (and less complex) flex axles, visual quality will be lower and size decrease not so big... The trade-off you choose seems OK to me!
Added to the AIOI. Thanks for sharing.

w.
[Image: 42035.png]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing Stickers
Done with LDCad 1.4.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5