LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Part Request 75972 Code Pilot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Philo was kind enough to mock up the Code Pilot for me years ago when I was building the LDraw file of the 8479 garbage truck. I'm now getting to the point when I'll be preparing the 1997 edition of Technicopedia soon and would appreciate being able to show the part in greater detail. Of course, I can just photograph it and I realize that this is a very unique part that has little demand, so I understand if there are higher priorities. I see that it has been sitting in the unofficial queue for a long time so I thought I would mention it.

Thanks.
I'll have the part, but I have to find the time for doing the details. Maybe I can do the outer shape details. And do the inside later. I hope this would work for you.

/Max
Max, you are welcome to improve the elements I already created: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=code+pilot
Philo, I know this Mockup. But there was still no time in the past.
And you may have recognized that the 3-blade-propellor with 24 tooth gear is still undone... Sorry for that.
As soon as I can find the time, I'll send you some files for the propellor...
BTW: I have to find the propellor itself, cause it got lost in mess...

/Max
Yeah, I know, time...
I think I started the cover model at the time, I'll try to find it again and post it here.
For my purposes, the inside details are unimportant. So if you could get the outside looking accurate (at least showing the 9V wire connections and the scanner) that would meet my needs.
Not only I started it, but it was quite advanced (though there is still a lot of work to do!). Don't remember what distracted me at the time. I have not found again 32021s01.dat, but it's not difficult to figure...
Thanks Philo, this is a great starting point.
I opened my unit yesterday in the very late evening. Do you want to create the pattern, when I finished the part?
/Max
Quote:Do you want to create the pattern, when I finished the part?
OK, shouldn't be very hard...
Just a short update...
I decided to do a rework, because a lot of measures had been wrong.
I'll upload a mockup-version, with the complete outside of the code pilot, when it's finished.
Process:
Part is on PT...
Next steps:
Create the top cover - Completely finished
Create the 2nd half of the "Laser Cone" - Completely finished
Create the transparent "Laser Magnifier" - Completely finished
Adapt Philo's 71375 (Keypad) to the corrected dimensions - Completely finished
Create/fix/adapt Philo's 32023.dat - Completely finished
Create/fix/adapt Philo's 32022.dat - Completely finished
Create Battery Springs - Completely finished
Create the Electric Brick incl. metal part - Completely finished
Create the Screws and add them to 32021c01/32021p01c01 - Completely finished
Create the Conductor Plate Dummy - Completely finished

/Max
Quote:I decided to do a rework, because a lot of measure had been wrong.
Mmhhh... might explain why I stopped working on this one, if I reached a dead end. I hope you didn't spent too much time trying to reuse my wrong startup!
It's growing...
[attachment=1366]
Wow!
Wow, that is some incredible detail! Thanks for all your work on this. When you are done, I'll have to make a special render of 8479 with a close-up view of the Code Pilot.
The part is finished so far. I prepared everything for loading it to the PT.
BUT this has to wait some hours, cause I'm not sure about the origins of some subparts and a also think about the correct shortcuts - not to say, that I need some minutes to take all the needed subparts and new primitives to the PT...

/Max
The visible area is done and uploaded!
[Image: 32022p01c01.png]
Please note that the LEGO logo isn't the right one. Before I continue with the part itself, I prepare the "old" 1973 logo and upload a corrected version. Done...

/Max
LEGO Logo is corrected now!

/Max
Except of the Conductor Plate the complete Part is finished... :-)

/Max
It's finally done:
[attachment=1507]

/Max
Looks amazing, thanks!