LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LPUB - how to change assembly scale in a submodel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get to grips with LPUB. Specifically I'm trying to show separate subfiles in an MPD file to show a bigger assembly size than the main (complete) model. So far I have found the metacommand for assembly size is 0 !LPUB ASSEM MODEL_SCALE GLOBAL 1.0000 (=100%), but I have not found a way to make local changes for a single step or for subassemblies.

I have looked for a complete list of metacommands for LPUB, but the best I've come up with is this
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwit...tacommands
and that still looks incomplete - the precise metacommand I found in my LPUB file for assembly size includes the word GLOBAL, which makes me suspect there might be a LOCAL version too. (I've tried "LOCAL" and it didn't work for me)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi Jetro,
"LOCAL" works here. As far as I can tell "0 !LPUB ASSEM MODEL_SCALE <scale>" means change scale from now on, while
"0 !LPUB ASSEM MODEL_SCALE LOCAL <scale>" changes scale only for one step.
Right click on assembly, then "change scale" to use.
It's a bit tricky if you want to have the scale change appear in a multistep page as !LPUB ASSEM MODEL_SCALE affects all steps on page, regardless of the step you applied it, but it can be managed with "LOCAL".
Note that I have not tried in a multi-subfile model, just on linear instructions, changing scale from 1 to 2 then back to 1 a few steps later.

Quote:I have looked for a complete list of metacommands for LPUB
There is Help -> save LPUB metacommands to file, but it doesn't seem to be up to date....!!!
Thanks Philo. I have managed to change scales for sub-assemblies using the right-click method.
Getting multiple steps on a page properly aligned is proving quite a headache, but your information that certain commands affect all steps on a page may prove helpful.