LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDraw server problems 20 July 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to a server migration, the ldraw.org website is currently unavailable and the Parts Tracker is not functioning. I am in touch with Dan Boger who kindly provides us with this webspace on the peeron servers and we are working to resolve the problem.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
I think I have the Parts Tracker working again, but please report anything that doesn't seem right.

The ldraw.org website is currently still unavailable, but we are working on that.
Thanks Chris. Right now, when I try to submit a part, I get the "Sorry, parts tracker is down for maintenance right now." message. Is this expected?
Try now.
I made two successful uploads, 2347 and 2347s01, but they don't seem to appear on the Activity log.
If I search those files I'll find them and they're downloadable, but don't have any generated images on PT or show any dependencies
Same for me : http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...973p1u.dat

And the pic of the part is not showing also.
OK - not quite fixed then - I will look into it.
I have locked down the Parts Tracker whilst I investigate further.
I have got the Parts Tracker update process running again, and the queued submit actions for the parts mentioned above, do now show up on the Activity Log page.

However, there is still a problem with automated image generation - maybe the LDView executable we are using on the server is not compatible with the new hardware.

There may still be other things that are broken, so please report anything unexpected, here.

Thanks for you patience,
It's almost certainly a result of missing (32-bit) shared libraries, and nothing to do with the hardware change. As I said in email, I'll attempt to build it on the upgraded server.
The LDraw.org website CMS can see its database again, but things are still not right with the home page.
Thanks to some speedy work by Travis, the image generation is working, so I hope that means that the Parts Tracker is now fully functional again.

I have generated the images for the recently submitted parts.
The home page should be back to normal.

w.