LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 973pr2538c01 Emmet's torso from the Lego Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Earnest,

I am hesitating to do so, simply because it's you who is the author.
I would feel bad putting my name there, taking away the credits.
What sense should that make?
I could put myself into a !HISTORY line as uploader, if that's desired.

I think we should stick more to common sense here than to formal argumentation.
Aren't Earnest's statements above worth the same as that e-mail to you, Chris?
We all are no laywers, but Earnest has expressed clearly above that we may incorporate
his file under our license into our library.

- Steffen
Steffen Wrote:we may incorporate his [single] file under our license into our library.
is not the same as the Contributor Agreement which applies to "to all past and future contributions [the author] makes to LDraw.org". I don't want to handle licensing agreements on a file-by-file basis.

Earnest - the Contributor Agreement is not long or complex. if you could just take a few minutes to review that and post here or email to me (parts@ldraw.org) the statement "I accept the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement with regards to all past and future contributions I make to LDraw.org", I can grant you author rights and the file can be a candidate for the official library.
@Steffen: I don't feel bad about it. So you don't have to either. I just want to end this silly discussion.

@Chris Dee: I can't give you, what I don't have. I'm quite certain, that LDraw files can't be copyrighted. And forcing me to accept a less generous license than the one I chose, is perfectly absurd.
Earnest J. Banbury Wrote:@Chris Dee: I can't give you, what I don't have. I'm quite certain, that LDraw files can't be copyrighted. And forcing me to accept a less generous license than the one I chose, is perfectly absurd.

Does the "license" you choose apply to this and any potential future contribution to LDraw?
If it makes you happy.
Thanks - I'll treat that as an affirmation of the CA and have granted you submit rights on the LDraw Parts Tracker.
good!

the part is now reviewed and admin-certified and will be contained in the next LDRAW parts update.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...973p8i.dat
Anyone fancy doing other Emmet related parts such as the hips/legs and the hair piece (looks like a new hair piece to me?)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=tlm018

Reuben
Here's the hair piece converted from LDD. It's missing a lot of lines, but is otherwise usable.
Pages: 1 2