LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.3a (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just completed and uploaded LDCad 1.3a.

It's mostly a maintenance update changes include:
  • Minor bugfixes
  • Part bin tweaks (added technic motor and mindstorms groups)
  • New part snapping info for panels, motors and mindstorms
  • Templates for eletric cables

I also made a short tutorial video to illustrate how to create/work with submodels (mpd's).

[Image: 1-3a-ForumScrShot.png]

As always you can download it at: melkert.net/LDCad

This will probably be the last 1.3 version, so unless a very severe problem pops up I'll be working on 1.4 from now on.

It's main feature will be scripted animation, here's a small teaser Smile

[edit] forgot the site link
That's really a great software, thanks.

Note: it works perfectly on Archlinux 64bits.
Hi all,

I noticed I made a minor mistake in the nxt/ev3 cables. But I don't want to release a 1.3b version for it.

So instead I made a short clip on how to correct it yourself if you need it.
Hi all,

Someone pointed out that the 'generic' Linux version of 1.3a won't work on Debian because of the outdated glibc that distribution uses.

So I went and compiled separate versions for people wanting to use LDCad on Debian (7.5).

http://www.melkert.net/action/download/L...32.tar.bz2

http://www.melkert.net/action/download/L...64.tar.bz2

I haven't had the time to test them extensively, so please let me know if it works or not.

I would also be interested to know if the new Debian builds also work on systems currently using the generic builds. Because if so I could just promote the Debian builds to generic and use that setup for future releases instead of having to build 4 linux versions.
Works on Slackware 14.1
Firstly I would like to say that the changes you've made to the program have finally made it usable for me. The spin rotation, 2D perspective view, part rotation "hotspots", and other camera controls are really great!!

Some minor niggles however.

[Image: th_ldcad_support_2_zpsd3e78653.png]

1. In the image above the unofficial flat plates should be light gray but they appear darker for unknown reasons.
2. Could you put the name of the model in the program title bar?
3. I couldn't find a way to double click on a model/part and automatically open it in LDCad. Is this possible like it is for MLCad and LDView?

Thanks!!
Quote:1. In the image above the unofficial flat plates should be light gray but they appear darker for unknown reasons.
Are you sure they don't use a hardcoded color? Could you post the part link.

Quote:2. Could you put the name of the model in the program title bar?
I'll add that to my to do list for 1.4

Quote:3. I couldn't find a way to double click on a model/part and automatically open it in LDCad. Is this possible like it is for MLCad and LDView?
Current version has no instance protection (and there is a known 'open with...' bug), Alternatively you could drag and drop files in a running LDCad though. I'll try to improve this in a future version.

Thanks for the feedback
The affected part is one of Tore's "boxed" parts. You can get them here:

http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/ldb...dboxer.htm
For instance, "b\91405.dat", which I've attached.

I think it might be a BFC issue, since the faces aren't shaded green in LDView.

Not sure how to fix it since it references the regular "box.dat" which should be BFC certified.
BFC requires the part itself to be BFC-certified. There's no way to know if a subpart (or primitive like here) needs to be inverted or not, to it's impossible to do BFC on subparts and primitives if the top-level part isn't BFC-certified.
Pages: 1 2 3