LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDPatternCreator - Major Security Release 1.5.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

after only two days: Here is an admin-rights-free and more user friendly LPC release!

If you are already using a version greater than 1.5.0 you cannot update your installation by clicking on "Help -> Install Updates" anymore.
Please download and install the latest release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

New features:
  • Improved security: Admin rights are no longer required!!
  • The internal updater was removed due to security concerns
  • Your configuration files are now stored under "[System Partition Letter]:\Users\[Your username]\App Data\Roaming\Nils Schmidt\LDPatternCreator"
  • Windows XP is no longer supported (I have no machine to test on it)
  • "Fast triangulation II": when "Add Trangle" is activated and no vertex was selected on click, a new vertex will be created for this triangle.

1. When CTRL is pressed "Add Triangle" will not abort on right mouse clicks (standard behaviour since 1.3.6)
    2. When CTRL is pressed "Fast triangulation" will not search for new edges near the cursor
    3. When SHIFT is pressed "Fast triangulation" will search for new edges near adjacent triangles from the last created triangle
  • The numbers shown on the x- and y-axis are more accurate

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

edit: Sorry, I had forgotten a few important things and had to do a little re-deployment Smile
Wow! All thumbs up!!!
I uploaded a little demo video to show you the abilities of the new fast triangulation feature.

Demo video on YouTube
That looks really cool. I have to do some pattern again I think Smile
I'm confused.
The Updater doesn't seem to do anything for me.
I have, if I check Installed Programs, version 1.5.2. on a Win7 64.
If I open About it says that I have version 1.5.5 installed. I ran the Updater this monday.

If I now click Update it answers that there is a new version available.
It seems to start something and closes the prompter, but no update is installed. I still have 1.5.5.
Same OS, same problem here. Worked fine on my XP...
I will provide a fix for version 1.5.5 only. Unfortunately, I can't provide support for XP machines anymore. I switched to Win 7 on all my machines, but I'm happy that 1.5.7. still works on XP Smile

Nonetheless, I have to quote myself from the post above Wink

Nils Schmidt Wrote:If you are already using a version greater than 1.5.0 you can't update your installation by clicking on "Help -> Install Updates" anymore.

Which means that the user has to download and install it directly from sourceforge.
I abandoned the updater due to security reasons.
I had the same problem...and I think, we all have not seen the little word "don't" in this line. :-D

/Max
Sorry, some day I'll learn to read complete notice, and not only the new features Wink
And yes, I confirm it works fine on XP.
Did you improve speed in this version? It seems much faster on my Win7 machine where I had to reduce window size to get acceptable performance.
Quote:Improved security: Admin rights are no longer required!!
The shortcut created by the installer seems to use admin mode (but indeed the program works in non-admin mode)
Nils Schmidt Wrote:I will provide a fix for version 1.5.5 only.
Much to my regret, I can't provide this fix...
You have to uninstall version 1.5.5 from your computer and do a fresh installation.
Pages: 1 2