LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: How to get parts list withour grouping by sub models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am usingMLCad to create my train and I created a parts list, but they are grouped by sub models, I think this is not easy to use, can I get a fll parts list without grouped?
You might prefer the type of parts list that LDView can generate.
(LDView -> Tools -> Parts List).
Stephen Wrote:You might prefer the type of parts list that LDView can generate.
(LDView -> Tools -> Parts List).

Thanks for you help, I can view parts list, but I am not sure why some parts don't show image and show message as below, can you tell me why?

View on Peeron.com 71427c01 7:Light Gray 1 Electric Technic Mini-Motor 9v
Well, I normally untick the "show part images" box so that the parts list is text only.

The images unfortunately are not generated locally from your LDraw library, they are dynamically fetched from the peeron.com website.

Sometimes a part won't show because the part has no image on that site, probably due to aliases or naming differences between LDraw and Peeron parts, or Peeron simply not having an image (part 3794b for example).

But sometimes LDView deliberately doesn't include a link to the image, even though that part does have an image on Peeron (your 71427c01 motor being such an example). I'm not sure why LDView chooses to not generate an image link for this part. Perhaps Travis will come along and enlighten us...
LDView only tries to display images for files it thinks are official parts. It doesn't think that file is an official part, because it is looking for a line that starts "0 !LDRAW_ORG Part" to denote official parts. I need to update it to also support "0 !LDRAW_ORG Shortcut". So, this is a bug in LDView.
Thanks, makes perfect sense now.
Travis Cobbs Wrote:LDView only tries to display images for files it thinks are official parts. It doesn't think that file is an official part, because it is looking for a line that starts "0 !LDRAW_ORG Part" to denote official parts. I need to update it to also support "0 !LDRAW_ORG Shortcut". So, this is a bug in LDView.
Thanks for your fast responding. By the way, I am using Mac version, is this also to fix?
The bug is in the cross-platform LDView code, so the fix will be in the next release for all platforms. Having said that, I haven't had any official releases recently due to not spending very much time on LDView, and having a list of known bugs I want to fix before releasing again. If you send an email to the LDView email address, I'll try to get you a development build that includes a fix for this. Make sure to include what version of Mac OS X you're using in the email, if you send it.
Travis Cobbs Wrote:The bug is in the cross-platform LDView code, so the fix will be in the next release for all platforms. Having said that, I haven't had any official releases recently due to not spending very much time on LDView, and having a list of known bugs I want to fix before releasing again. If you send an email to the LDView email address, I'll try to get you a development build that includes a fix for this. Make sure to include what version of Mac OS X you're using in the email, if you send it.
I am using LPub wih LDview to create instructions, but I found the pictures in LPub are not higher quality like in LDView, why? Can I config LPub to show all Instructions like in LDView?
As far as I know, LPub can use either LDView or POV to generate it's images, and by default it uses LDView. So, the image quality should be the same (assuming you're not using POV; and if you're using POV, it should be better, but without edge lines, and really slow).

One thing you can do is create a preference set in LDView. I think you need to name it "LPub". If you have that preference set, LPub will (mostly) use the settings from that preference set. (I say mostly, because I think it forces certain settings, like edge lines.) So, you can then go into that preference set and enable things like antialiased lines. You can also make sure that "low quality studs" is disabled.
Pages: 1 2 3