LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: How to get parts list withour grouping by sub models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Zhengrong Zang Wrote:I tried your bookmarket, only 4 is correct, 1-3 are not right, I need it is sorted by quantities, what can I do?
By the way, I tested it on Safari.

I don't understand. All your images look correct.

Image 1 is sorted by quantity (ascending), hence why it starts with all the 1's. Use -1 for descending.
Image 2 is sorted by part number (alphabetical, not numerical, the same way LDView does it).
Image 3 is sorted by color (ascending), hence why you have your black part, then all your reds, etc.
Image 4 is sorted by description (ascending, alphabetical).

What else did you expect?
Stephen Wrote:
Zhengrong Zang Wrote:I tried your bookmarket, only 4 is correct, 1-3 are not right, I need it is sorted by quantities, what can I do?
By the way, I tested it on Safari.

I don't understand. All your images look correct.

Image 1 is sorted by quantity (ascending), hence why it starts with all the 1's. Use -1 for descending.
Image 2 is sorted by part number (alphabetical, not numerical, the same way LDView does it).
Image 3 is sorted by color (ascending), hence why you have your black part, then all your reds, etc.
Image 4 is sorted by description (ascending, alphabetical).

What else did you expect?
Well, I thought 1 is sort coulmn1, 2 sort 2, 3 sort quantity and so on....Sad
Zhengrong Zang Wrote:Well, I thought 1 is sort coulmn1, 2 sort 2, 3 sort quantity and so on....Sad

LDView lets you arrange the columns in any order you like (something which made writing the script trickier!) so I just used the column order I have in place here.

The opening message box should show you which code to use for which column (image attached).
Stephen Wrote:
Zhengrong Zang Wrote:Well, I thought 1 is sort coulmn1, 2 sort 2, 3 sort quantity and so on....Sad

LDView lets you arrange the columns in any order you like (something which made writing the script trickier!) so I just used the column order I have in place here.

The opening message box should show you which code to use for which column (image attached).
There is no prompt for which column, why?
Zhengrong Zang Wrote:There is no prompt for which column, why?

Oh dear... no wonder you were confused!

It's a multi-line javascript prompt box, but unfortunately it seems some browsers don't display it well (Opera/Chrome/Firefox display it fine, but IE and it seems Safari don't).

At least now you know what the codes are Smile

Edit:
If you wanted to, you could edit the bookmark to reformat the message so that it displays better on your browser. Near the start you'll see this:
Code:
'Stephen\'s LDView Parts List Sorter v1.0[b]\n\n[/b]Select sorting method:[b]\n[/b]1 = quantity[b]\n[/b]2 = part[b]\n[/b]3 = color[b]\n[/b]4 = description[b]\n[/b]Use negative number for reverse[b]\n\n[/b]'
Remove or replace any \n newlines with a space or similar. Just don't remove anything else.
Pages: 1 2 3