LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: OMR compliant examples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What about the

0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model

line? I wondered why my models won't work in LPub anymore, then I looked here and found the solution. But is there an official solution? What should I do with the line? Maybe the OMR specification page should also mention the problem.

Also, a tutorial how to implement LSynth Parts into an OMR Model so they can be seen by users who haven't LSynth installed, would be nice.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of OMR compliancy. But with the information given on the specification page it's nothing more than that: a thought. If you want the people doing their models OMR compliant, you have to give more information. Make a tutorial or a wiki-page that answers all questions possible. Like my subpart question that still needs to be answered.
Daniel Görner Wrote:What about the

0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model

line? I wondered why my models won't work in LPub anymore, then I looked here and found the solution. But is there an official solution? What should I do with the line? Maybe the OMR specification page should also mention the problem.

This is definitely a LPub bug.

Daniel Görner Wrote:Also, a tutorial how to implement LSynth Parts into an OMR Model so they can be seen by users who haven't LSynth installed, would be nice.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of OMR compliancy. But with the information given on the specification page it's nothing more than that: a thought. If you want the people doing their models OMR compliant, you have to give more information. Make a tutorial or a wiki-page that answers all questions possible.

Excellent point. I'll try to whip up a tutorial page on the wiki when I get some free time.

Daniel Görner Wrote:Like my subpart question that still needs to be answered.

Sorry I mean to get back to you on this but I'm in the middle of moving houses. I'll post an answer tomorrow.
Orion Pobursky Wrote:
Daniel Görner Wrote:Like my subpart question that still needs to be answered.

Sorry I mean to get back to you on this but I'm in the middle of moving houses. I'll post an answer tomorrow.

"Tomorrow" was almost 2 weeks ago ;-)
Are LPub commands allowed in an OMR mpd?

And I have named unofficial subparts and primitives the same way as unofficial parts, e.g. 7140 - 30361ps1s01.dat or 7140 - st4jfil4.dat. Is that correct?
Daniel Görner Wrote:Are LPub commands allowed in an OMR mpd?

Since LDraw.org is down I refer to the version stored in the LSC forum:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...01#pid1101

' Wrote:META commands:
--------------
All META commands are allowed in the model file but not specifically required except as specified for the header. If included, any META commands used should enable any instructions generated to be as close to the official instructions as possible.

Therefore the answer is YES.

Daniel Görner Wrote:And I have named unofficial subparts and primitives the same way as unofficial parts, e.g. 7140 - 30361ps1s01.dat or 7140 - st4jfil4.dat. Is that correct?

If the unofficial subparts and primitives are referenced this way in the .mpd than it is correct.

w.
What about spare (e.g: plumes) and optional (e.g.: 2x1 brick for the back of a horse) parts? Should they be lying somewhere in the main assembled model?
My feeling is no. We're not trying to provide an inventory, just the model. If there are extra parts then they can be omitted
Pages: 1 2 3