LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: OMR compliant examples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, this time a tricky question.

Model 7130 - Snowspeeder (http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/build...124909.pdf), Page 30 there's a submodel (Wing Left Rear End) with a Flag 2x2. When you build it, the Flag is upright. I finished the submodel, got back to the former submodel (Wing Left) and put it in. Then on page 31 you add a Tile 2x2 to fixate the submodel on the wing. Then the Flag is put down. How do I do that?
What's the correct naming of Unofficial_Subparts?

And, BTW, I still need Help with the question posted above.
Just put it the postion that it is in the finished model. Note that while steps and submodelling are desired, they are not required. In order to make a file that could produce instructions, you'd have to use META commands that are not allowed.
Orion Pobursky Wrote:Just put it the postion that it is in the finished model.

If I do that, the step with the tile remains unseen.

Orion Pobursky Wrote:Note that while steps and submodelling are desired, they are not required.

Official Model Repositor (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.0 Wrote:Each model in the OMR will consist of several files that are packaged together into a single MPD file.

Orion Pobursky Wrote:In order to make a file that could produce instructions, you'd have to use META commands that are not allowed.

Official Model Repositor (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.0 Wrote:All META commands are allowed in the model file but not specifically required except as specified for the header. If included, any META commands used should enable any instructions generated to be as close to the official instructions as possible.

Okay, I'm beginning to understand why almost none of the models posted here is OMR compliant. The builders just don't get what's allowed/required and what not.
> Okay, I'm beginning to understand why almost none of the models posted here is OMR compliant.
> The builders just don't get what's allowed/required and what not.

May I drop my 0.02 EUR on this issue here:
this is a clear sign of unrealistic over-specification.

I had a look at the OMR rules, and they really have frightened me off:
They - to me - are over-formalistic, and take all the fun out of building.

Having these rules in place in this form, we will never get a productive OMR IMHO.
There even is no tooling to bring a non-conform model into a OMR-conform structure.

To me, creating an OMR-compliant model is 0% fun and 100% annoyance.
I just wanted to say this frankly and clear here.
I don't want to blame anyone for this, it is just my personal experience of the rules.
Sorry, I'm not trying to confuse you. Apparently I have a really terrible memory...

Anyway, you could use a buffer exchange command to show the flag in 2 different positions based on the step.
Steffen Wrote:To me, creating an OMR-compliant model is 0% fun and 100% annoyance.
I just wanted to say this frankly and clear here.
I don't want to blame anyone for this, it is just my personal experience of the rules.

This means I failed.

That said, I tried to make the rules as inclusive as possible. The only real rules are the naming and header requirements to make it easy to store, categorize, and search. Everything else is just icing.

Also, this spec had quite a long and public incubation period where I asked multiple times for comments.
Is there a tutorial for this? Prefarably in german...

And I still need an answer how to add an unofficial subpart. What's the right syntax?
Steffen Wrote:I had a look at the OMR rules, and they really have frightened me off:
They - to me - are over-formalistic, and take all the fun out of building.

Since they basically just rule the header I have no clue what you're talking about?

Steffen Wrote:There even is no tooling to bring a non-conform model into a OMR-conform structure.

There is. Mike is coding an updated version of his MPDCenter - kind of his DATHeader for OMR files.

w.
So I will look again into OMR some time.
I just had a look when it started, was frightened off, and never came back.
Maybe I should. Thanks for the info.
Pages: 1 2 3