LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello All,

I've found some semi serious bugs in the 1.2 version, so I've decided to release a bugfix only update.

So no new features only bugfixes in this one.

You can also keep an eye on my LDCad youtube channel playlist. It features tutorial and demonstrations, I will try to add clips to it now and then. If you would like something demonstrated etc just ask.

You'll find all available versions at the usual place:
LDCad home page

Any questions and suggestions are welcome.

[Image: 1-2-ForumScrShot.png]
Looks great! Will give it a shot when I get back home on Monday.
Could you add an option to lock the y axis so that it always stays upright when moving the camera? Thanks.

[edit]

LDView's Lat. / Long. option would be excellent as well.
I'm trying to work on Datsville's "layer_streets.ldr" and the frame rate is very low. I guess my specs are not up to it. Moving the camera is very erratic. Small motions translate to large movements, and there is a considerable delay. Even the menus are very unresponsive.

Is there a way I can select the angle of 3D view? "Top-left quadrant" maybe?

[edit]

Repacing the bricks with Tore's "boxes" significantly speeds up rendering, but it turns everything red. Not sure what is happening here.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292...aac44a.png
Actually the streets layer has about two thirds of the total datsville brick count if I remember correctly Smile

The red crosses are 'file not found' indications. You can add additional search path to LDCad's config using prefs/LDraw/search...

You could also try playing with some of the rendering options in the same LDraw menu. For example turning off edges might help with the large models.

edit: using stipple transparency instead of alpha blending is probably the biggest save, because it's might become very cpu intensive if there are a lot of transparent parts in a model.
That shouldn't be to hard to implement, in the meantime you could also use the little arrow icons on the compass' grid those allow for single direction movement.
OK, I will try those settings.

However, I added "D:\LDraw\parts\b\" as a search path and the custom parts are still not showing up. These are Tore's "boxed" parts and they are in the "b" sub-directory. How do I set these up?
Strange, I believe the boxed versions are referenced including the 'b\' so they should work without any additional paths when placed in the parts folder. Did you restart LDCad? cause it only scans for new/updated parts on startup.

Can I download the boxed version somewhere in order to check if this is a bug ?
I've attached the model as well as the boxes themselves. Thanks!!

[edit]

Never mind! It was my fault. The boxes were referencing a part that no longer exists.
Ah I see what's going on, it references "box.box" which isn't present in the boxes lib. You need to rename box.dat to box.box. there might be more misnamed items.

It then loads find the next time you start LDCad.

Anyway this is not an LDCad bug Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7