LDraw.org 2016-01 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2016-01 Parts Update Now Available
The 2016-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 572 new files to the core library, including 475 new parts and 43 new primitives. This update also includes updated versions of the colour configuration files (LDConfig.ldr and LDCfgalt.ldr) thanks to enthusiasm of Sven v. Beuningen and the co-ordination of Willy Tschager and Magnus Forsberg.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release, including several first-time authors. The reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the parts tracker and deserve just as much credit.

You can preview the new parts in 2016-01 here, download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

Please accept my apology for this being the only parts update of 2016. Increased free time, in semi-retirement, should allow me to  restart more frequent updates in 2017.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
RE: LDraw.org 2016-01 Parts Update Now Available
Thanks, Chris! Just in time Wink
thanks for the parts update!

I'll collect my feedback here in this post Shy

(A)

in the new, updated ldconfig.ldr, the color "Medium_Violet" is now defined duplicatedly.
this for example makes l3p.exe output an error.

Quote:0                              // LEGOID 219 - Lilac
0 !COLOUR Medium_Violet                                         CODE 219   VALUE #564E9D   EDGE #333333

0                              // LEGOID 112 - Medium Bluish Violet
0 !COLOUR Medium_Violet                                         CODE 112   VALUE #6874CA   EDGE #333333

(B)

file 57877.dat lacks a "~" in its title
The detailed changes to he LDCfgalt.ldr file, as prepared by Magnus Forsberg are:
  • Added the same new colours, as in LDConfig.ldr.
  • Changed the main colour VALUE, as suggested by Philo.
  • Corrected the spelling of the word "Colour" in the whole file.
  • Corrected the VALUE and EDGE colour on CODE 1, Blue. They were flipped.
  • Corrected the EDGE and SPECKLE VALUE on the Speckle colours.  Now same as LDConfig.ldr.
  • Changed EDGE on Rubber Orange.
  • Changed ALPHA on Milky codes and Trans Black IR.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Any ideas on how we should solve this issue?
The original post from Sven is here

The colours are different, so I would suggest a new name for 219.   "Bright_Light_Violet" or "Medium_Light_Violet"?
is this issue resolved now?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »