How.Where Do I Start

How.Where Do I Start
I'm brand new to LDraw and I'm confused before I got started.  I successfully downloaded and installed the two files noted on the home page.  When I clicked on the installed shortcut I found several files but nothing that I could run or open.  Obviously I'm missing something, can someone tell me what it is you need to do to access the LD program?
Thanks,
Peter
RE: How.Where Do I Start
(2016-06-29, 18:49)[email protected] Wrote: I'm brand new to LDraw and I'm confused before I got started.  I successfully downloaded and installed the two files noted on the home page.  When I clicked on the installed shortcut I found several files but nothing that I could run or open.  Obviously I'm missing something, can someone tell me what it is you need to do to access the LD program?
Thanks,
Peter

Did you install the LDraw All-In-One-Installer with only the defaults? If so you are missing an editor.

Just rerun the installer and be sure to select one or more editors to be installed.

See also
http://www.ldraw.org/article/104.html
I have installed and uninstalled this several times and I did not see where I could select an editor.  If an editor is needed to make LD work, why isn't it one of the defaults?  I'm going to uninstall again and go back to the trial and error method that has worked for me in the past.   If getting started is this much of a problem, I have to ask myself what kind of a nightmare is LD going to be?
(2016-06-29, 21:12)[email protected] Wrote: I have installed and uninstalled this several times and I did not see where I could select an editor.  If an editor is needed to make LD work, why isn't it one of the defaults?  I'm going to uninstall again and go back to the trial and error method that has worked for me in the past.   If getting started is this much of a problem, I have to ask myself what kind of a nightmare is LD going to be?

The installer presents a list of things to install in one of its screens

See for an example item 13 at:  http://www.holly-wood.it/ldraw/aioi2-en.html

The current included editors are MLCad, LDCad and LeoCad, if you new to ldraw I suggest you just install all of them they aren't that big anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »