Poll: Can I use leo cad models for animations?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes it's cool
0%
0 0%
not a chance
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hey guy's new to Ldraw

Hey guy's new to Ldraw
I've used leocad a few times and I was wondering is it kosher to use the models for animations?

This is where I'm at right now, just trying to figure out if it's ok or not, don't want to piss anyone off.

Thanks Joe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Hey guy's new to Ldraw
Yup. Totally ok. See:
http://www.ldraw.org/article/227.html#Renders
(2016-06-20, 21:51)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Yup. Totally ok. See:
http://www.ldraw.org/article/227.html#Renders

Oh wow that's cool, if I put ads in the video I'd definitely make a donation to the community if anything came from it. Don't hold your breath though, I've only made 40 cents so far off of my blog posts. Cool 

On a different note though. 

Is Ldraw the program used to make the bricks?
LDraw is an open standard for LEGO CAD programs that allow the user to create virtual LEGO models and scenes.

Since the part description files are plain text, there are many ways to 'make the bricks', ranging from a basic text editor, through helper tools to GUI-based editors.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Oh I was wondering if I make a brick in 3ds max could I donate it? idk about plain text files.
(2016-06-27, 19:35)Joe Krivoski Wrote: Oh I was wondering if I make a brick in 3ds max could I donate it? idk about plain text files.

Only works when there is a converter to the LDraw format but i dont think one exists. LDraw Files got a completely different inside structure than the standard formats used by 3ds-max
(2016-07-12, 14:15)Tom G. Wrote:
(2016-06-27, 19:35)Joe Krivoski Wrote: Oh I was wondering if I make a brick in 3ds max could I donate it? idk about plain text files.

Only works when there is a converter to the LDraw format but i dont think one exists. LDraw Files got a completely different inside structure than the standard formats used by 3ds-max
Well, 3ds-max probably can export to stl, and from there you can use stl2dat converter (latest version included in LETGUI package). Now getting the shape (from 3dsmax) is only part of the problem of making a good LDraw part, remains the job of substituting LDraw primitives where needed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »