Translucent Pieces in POV-Ray Discolored

Translucent Pieces in POV-Ray Discolored
I feel bad because this is my second "Help" post in the space of one week, but I really want to get this project completed!

I am trying to render a model with several translucent pieces, one being a large Medium-Orange Windscreen. When rendered, this piece and others are terribly discolored, almost to the point where it looks like I didn't even select a color close to the one I intended.

The pieces that are having trouble are:
Windsreen 4 x 7 x 2 Rounded Pionted - Colored Trans Neon Orange
Plate 1 x 1 Round - Colored Trans Neon Orange
Cone 1 x 1 - Colored Trans Light Blue
Dish 3 x 3 Inverted - Colored Trans Light Blue
Plate 1 x 1 Round - Colored Trans Light Blue
Brick 1 x 1 - Colored Trans Medium Blue

The Trans Neon Orange pieces appear bright neon yellow, the Trans Light Blue pieces appear almost colorless, and the Trans Medium Blue appears light blue.

I thought at first it may have been my original color choices, but even after changing to Trans Orange, Trans Medium Blue, and Trans Dark Blue, everything still looks funky.

I found only one article about discoloration in POV-Ray, and it suggested some lines added to the head of the file dealing with gamma adjustments. They didn't seem to help much. I have also tried rendering with a configuration other than the normal light setup, using area lights and jitter, but still no change.

This was with the original colors and light settings:

This was with the switched colors and adjusted light settings:

What am I doing wrong?
RE: Translucent Pieces in POV-Ray Discolored
You should try using radiosity. It give much better results for transparent parts. You can also post your lg_colors.inc file, I can check and compair it to mine.
(2016-04-30, 16:51)Damien Roux Wrote: You should try using radiosity. It give much better results for transparent parts.  You can also post your lg_colors.inc file, I can check and compair it to mine.

I just realized something. I don't even have LGEO installed! It must have disappeared when I did the most recent AIOI update. I can't even find LGEO, all of the web links are 404. Where is it?
(2016-04-30, 19:44)Tanner S. Wrote:
(2016-04-30, 16:51)Damien Roux Wrote: You should try using radiosity. It give much better results for transparent parts.  You can also post your lg_colors.inc file, I can check and compair it to mine.

I just realized something. I don't even have LGEO installed! It must have disappeared when I did the most recent AIOI update. I can't even find LGEO, all of the web links are 404. Where is it?

In the AIOI...
(2016-05-01, 8:53)Damien Roux Wrote:  In the AIOI...

All right, I downloaded it and I am running a render with the LGEO library installed.

The first render I ran after downloading proved I was headed in the right direction. The colors were better, especially the light blues. The windscreen, however, was a crimson red color. I think this may be because I used neon orange rather than just plain orange. I am running a render with that color change now, and I'll share the result when it becomes available.

As I said, I downloaded and did a full update of the AIOI, but I think it would have been much easier if the LGEO library could be downloaded separately. All of the links to websites that are supposed to host it are dead, including the one linked on the LDraw download page (digitalbricks.com I think). Anyway, that's just my comment. Thanks so much for your help!
(2016-05-01, 21:51)Tanner S. Wrote: As I said, I downloaded and did a full update of the AIOI, but I think it would have been much easier if the LGEO library could be downloaded separately. All of the links to websites that are supposed to host it are dead, including the one linked on the LDraw download page (digitalbricks.com I think). Anyway, that's just my comment. Thanks so much for your help!

I'm working on that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »