Proposed change to the LSC charter

Proposed change to the LSC charter
I'd like to discuss changing the LSC charter to reserve a member seat for the current LDraw.org Library Admin. I think it's vital that this position (currently Chris Dee for quite some time) be active in the LSC and have voting power. Thoughts?
Re: Proposed change to the LSC charter
Seems a good idea to me!
Reasonable proposal.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I agree. I don't think it's ever been a problem before but it would be nice to codify.

For generality perhaps word it such that the Parts Admins can choose one member to be automatically on the LSC and other members can run for election. We only have one active PA at the moment but that could change in the future.

Tim
It works for me. This would have to be codified by the Steering Committee, right?
Yeah, I'll let this discussion run for a few weeks and assuming no one objects, I'll post the formal text to the change for community review. After any issue have been ironed out, the SteerCo will vote to enact the change.
You're right - I have always had a good releationship with the LSC and been able to influence decisions when they made a difference to the management of the parts library. But it would be nice to formalise that relationship. Thanks for suggesting this.

Chris
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
OK here's the original text:
Quote:Membership
Membership of the LSC shall be limited to 5 people, unless LSC members vote to create additional vacancies for a future election. The LSC also defines a procedure for voting to eliminate seats added in the future. The minimum number of seats on the LSC shall be 5.

Here's my proposed change (changes in italics):
Membership
Membership of the LSC shall be limited to 5 people, unless LSC members vote to create additional vacancies for a future election. The LSC also defines a procedure for voting to eliminate seats added in the future. The minimum number of seats on the LSC shall be 5. One seat is reserved for a current LDraw Library Administrator. If there is more than one LDraw Library Administrator then that group will self select a member to represent them on the LSC.

I will bring this to a vote in the Steering Committee one week after the last comment has been made.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »